Sharing Internet VideoInternet Video makes it easier than ever to share videos across the web. Every video site has their own restrictions on size, but the higher the quality the better. HD is preferred if the site supports it.
Sharing a YouTube videoAny participant with a YouTube account can publicly share their videos in one location.
- Sign In to your YouTube account. If you do not have an account, you can create one for free.
- Visit our 20th Year Promotional Video on YouTube
- Scroll to the Comments section, clicking inside the comment box.
- Click the "Attach a video" link to the right of the comment box, and follow instructions for attaching a video.
Sharing video from other Internet Video sitesIf you have added your videos through one of the other Internet Video websites (Vimeo, MetaCafe, DailyMotion...), or if you would prefer not to publicly share your YouTube video, simply email the link to the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us your videoIf you would prefer, you can mail us your footage directly. We can accept DVD, VHS, or Mini-DVD tape formats. Remember to label your tapes with your organization, contact name, address and phone number. Send to: Souper Bowl of Caring, 302 Berkshire Road, Columbia, SC 29223. We cannot return anything submitted.
Video tips to remember:
- Take the shot for five seconds, hold it and count for an additional five seconds.
- Focus on the people helping and the people being helped (if possible) to show that every dollar and every minute of time given makes a difference.
- Get a lot of coverage. Too much is better than not enough.
- Shoot different focal lengths such as wide, medium and a close-up.
- Change angles. Go from the front of the room/building to the side. Go high to the balcony. Shoot low angle to high angle. Get some point of view perspectives as this makes things more dramatic.
- Interview the young people involved. Have them explain what they're doing and what it means to them. Be sure to avoid lots of background noise.
Send us your photosSouper Bowl of Caring is looking for high-quality photos, so please avoid sending us dark or fuzzy pictures. Digital pictures must be the highest resolution available for media and publication use. You may upload your photos to your participant profile page. Additionally, you may mail photo submissions to Souper Bowl of Caring at P.O. Box 23224; Columbia, SC 29224. We cannot return anything submitted.
Photo Tips to Remember:
- Select a focal point. It will help you avoid unclear or fuzzy shots.
- Take action shots as well as posed shots.
- Experiment with different distances from wide to close-up shots. The perspective can make the difference between a good photo and a great one.
- Be aware of your lighting. Too much or too little makes for a poor picture.
- Make sure all faces are engaged and all eyes are open.