March is National Nutrition Month, and you can help!
When donating to a hunger-relief charity, keep these nutritious food items in mind:
- Canned Proteins: Stews, soups, tuna, ravioli and peanut butter
- Grains: Cereal, rice, pasta and dried beans
- Fruits: Fruit cups, dried fruit, applesauce and 100% juice
- Canned Vegetables: Preferably low sodium ones
- Kid-Friendly Items: Fat and sugar free pudding, granola bars and popcorn
So far, Souper Bowl of Caring has generated over 7 million in cash and food items for charities across the country, providing more than 12 million nutritious meals for those in need this year.
You can help by donating to Souper Bowl of Caring. Every $10 gift will allow us to engage 25 participants and generate more than 150 nutritious meals in 2016.